We helped a Managing Director of an investment bank and his team set up a new Proprietary Trading Business. An electronic and algorithmic trading business, managing a multi asset portfolio: Fixed Income, Currencies, Commodities and select Energy Equities. Contract types: Exchange Traded Derivatives (futures and options) and Over The Counter (forex and metals). Trading frequency: high and low.
Some of the deliverables of the project activities we led:
- Business/ technical specifications
- Trading strategy development/ deployment processes
- Risk management processes
- Asset specific algorithm development plans
- Backtesting system and graphical user interface
- Market/ reference data (proprietary, Bloomberg and Reuters)
- Software and hardware infrastructure (OS, servers, data storage, networks)
- 3rd party relations, such as CME, ICE and others
We also monitored Production Phase 1 trading/ risk ($25M VAR portfolio) during the first year of operation
It took us a year (circa) to design, develop and launch the new business.
To learn more about the implementation of this new trading business, including the many challenges, please contact us: